Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oops!

So I have totally been failing at this whole blog thing, but lots has been happening so let me catch you up.







Papa, Me, and Grammie



My Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt and 2 cousins came to visit 2 weeks ago. We had tons of fun. It was the first time we had visitors here. Its nice having a full house. We did lots of exploring of St. Louis and thankfully the hot weather broke that week so we did not die while doing it.

Right before they came there was a groupon for the Museum of Transportation. I thought it looked good so I went ahead and got it. It was a fun little adventure. The groupon included admission to the museum and a mini train ride. We started off with the museum where we looked at old cars. They had a few hands on activities and then you could walk through some different trains in the train yard. I don't think I will be going again unless we have another groupon and someone really interested in transportation. The stuff is fun but the normal pricing is a little high. I do think they had another groupon yesterday if you are interested.

I love the Elephants
We also went to the St. Louis Zoo. This was more fun, except we did not pick our day correctly. Unfortunately on top of it being the first day in 2 months under 90 degrees it was the last Saturday before school started. (I did not know school started so early here). So the Zoo was packed. They have some great exhibits but due to crowding we did not get to see the sea lions which is the new exhibit I really wanted to check out. Now I have an excuse to go back.






Before

While they were here they painted the baby's room. It was originally this pale yellow with white wainscoting. We picked the color "lime sherbet". It is a great color. Here are some before and after picks. We also found a really cute curtain rod, which is not in the pictures because James hung it later. It has big pink jewels on the ends. Very girly :) We still have a few things to hang up but we are almost done.
James got in on the painting for a bit too.



After


The last day they were here we went to the Arch. We had a bit of an adventure on the way and learned that no matter what Papa will try to navigate from the back seat. I did not go up but everyone else said it was really pretty up there. They have 2 gift shops and one of them is set up like a 1870's general store. I really liked it. We got some old fashioned candy and bread for snacks, which we ate sitting on the steps looking at the Mississippi. They also have a little museum that I was impressed with.


So that is the update for now. Tomorrow I am 37 weeks so officially full term. Update for baby prep to come this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment