Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Run away puppy!


Yesterday was a busy day. So after feeding the dog I put him in the back yard. I figured it would be alright for him to pretend he is a dog for a bit.

As I am feeding the baby, answering the phone and trying to find my shoes all at the same time when I hear a dog barking out front.

That bark sounds a lot like Slider. Why is it in the front?



AHHHHHHH! SOMEHOW HE GOT OUT OF THE BACK YARD!!!!!!!!

This runs through my head as the phone call ends. I quickly put the baby down. She starts screaming because she is not done eating.

I run to the door and there is a woman on my porch about to knock. She is in a robe and slippers.

"He got out" she said.

"Oh my God! How did this happen" I ask her

for some reason I assumed this complete stranger knew

Well she did! and told me my gate was open. She also said he was a good boy and when she tried to get him he turned around and ran home.

So I then run out the front door. By the way I never found those shoes and it rained the night before.

Slider had run back into the back yard so I followed him and went to close the gate.

We never open this gate and it was not just a little open it was all the way open and under some branches.

So I close it and follow Slider. He has run up the steps to the deck and is barking at the sliding glass door. I open it and he runs to the front door to bark at the lady who is no longer there.

Yes, my dog ran all the way around the house and then in and through it to bark at a person who followed him home and he was right next too.

This all happened before 8:30 am and before I had any coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!You were very lucky that Slider stayed close by. Looks like you may have to lock that gate.

    Papa said he was sorry he wasn't there to get your coffee made for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete