Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mommy tip: Diaper Rash

When Emily was 2 weeks old I got an infection. I subsequently went on antibiotics. This gave poor Emily a horrible diaper rash.

We tried everything:
    - both types of desitin
    - butt paste
    - air drying

Nothing was working. So after 5 days when it was just getting worse I went to the doctor. He told us to use 1% hydrocortisone cream. After 3 uses the diaper rash was practically gone. It was amazing. Once I was off the antibiotics it went away completely but the cream defiantly made her feel better.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this cream will not work for all rashes (example: yeast infections)




1 comment:

  1. Use aquaphor you can find it in the stores and it will clear her rash up in a night or day! Its cream made for extreme dry skin but can also be used on diaper rash, it really works, Dominic would have nasty rashes if left in a poopy diaper for more than 10 mins.

    ReplyDelete