Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm not so funny anymore

I used to be funny. I mean really funny. I could just look at Emily and she would start smiling. If I smiled back she would giggle and if the word "Boo" came out of my mouth we had full on belly laughs. You have no idea what this did to my self-esteem. I was Queen of the mommy world. I could do no wrong. I was a super hero, my power was to make crying babies laugh and my uniform was spit-up.


Well those days are gone. She could care less if I look at her. My smile usually makes her cough and if I play peak a boo she looks at me like I have 2 heads. I have lost all of my super powers and I am just a normal mom.

This will not do. I need to be super mom again. So I am pulling out all of the stops and I dont care what I look like in public. Yes, if you see me you may think I need to spend some time in a psychiatric ward but really I am super mom in disguise.

You can find me in Wal-mart pretending the stroller is a race car.

You can find me in line at the grocery store pretending to be an umpa-lumpa.

You can find me in Best Buy dancing, skipping, singing and doing squat jumps.


And while all these things may be crazy. I do not have the screaming baby in the store. I would rather have people stand back because they question my sanity than to deal with an inconsolable screaming baby.

So next time you see me or another super mom like me. Give her a smile, wave or even join in on the fun because she knows she looks nuts but she is willing to do that to make her baby happy. That is a super mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment