Saturday, February 23, 2013

SNOW!

It snowed when we were in Houston so we missed it. That means this past week was Emily's first snow. It was really pretty but cold and mostly a mix of snow/ice/sleet.

I wanted to take her out in it for just a minute. I did not invest in a snow suit this winter (and I am glad) because Emily is never really outside. She is only outside in the cold when going between a building and a car. Most of the time she is in her carseat during this and they cant wear snow suits when in a carseat. I did not want her to be cold so I decided layers were the way to go. I put her in a onesie, a light cotton pajama, a flannel pajama and her coat over top. She looked like that kid from A Christmas Carol. Add a hat and we were set.

I ran out, put her in the bumbo, took a bunch of pictures, then ran back inside. We were maybe outside for a total of 90 seconds. I may have gone overboard with the layers. We would have stayed out longer but between the time I decided to take her out and when I was finished layering her up it started coming down hard and turned to ice/sleet, which hurt. Here are the results:


Mom, Im not impressed
Hey! Its a slider!
Snow in the face!
And finally a happy one :)

1 comment:

  1. We brought snow in and put it on her high chair tray for J's first snow - she was probably like 8 or 9 months old though! She hated it because it was cold and we have great pics of her awful faces! LOL

    ReplyDelete