Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello 2013

So this year I did not make any resolutions. I decided to make goals for the year. I feel they have a different meaning and people have a better mindset about goals than resolutions.

So here are my goals for 2013:

1. Finish losing the baby weight and then lose a little more. I have about 10lbs left of baby weight. Which I think is good considering Emily is 3.5 months old and the holiday season just ended.
                            - I just started a job at a local gym so now I can have more productive workouts

2. Keep my house cleaner. I am really good at finding something else to do instead of cleaning (like blogging). I want to stay on top of my cleaning so I don't have to do a ton all at once.
                           - We moved our "family room" to the basement which is really helping with keeping the house looking good. Now our front door opens to a "formal living room" which is mostly void of baby items because they have all moved downstairs.

3. Teach more classes. I was so happy when I was teaching in Fall of 2011 though I was getting close to burning out with 10 or more classes a week. I really enjoy teaching and I want to get back to regular classes.
                          - Right now I am just a sub at my gym (though I did teach a class last week). If I don't get any regular classes there I will start looking at a second gym to just teach at.

4. Enjoy Life! Life is really short and I feel I am kind of just racing through. This year is going to be really exciting watching Emily grow and I don't want to miss a thing.
                         - This weekend we spent a good amount of time just hanging out and making Emily giggle. Today she just wanted to be held. She didn't want anything but she didn't want to play either. So I just sat down and held my baby. It was a really awesome morning. 

So now I am ready for the year. Even though 13 is an unlucky number I am convinced this will be an amazingly wonderful year. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of goals rather than resolutions - goals sound much more positive. & looks like you're on track for a good year! :)

    ReplyDelete