Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My lucky life.


So I missed 2 days because we did not have internet. But I am back!

I realized this week that I am lucky to have met my husband in college. You are probably thinking "well yeah that makes life easier". What I am really trying to say is that we share so much common background because of this. College is where you learn who you really are and grow into the person you are going to be. I feel so privileged to have done that with my husband at my side.

You are probably wondering what lead me to this realization this week. Well I have always thought this but several things happened this week that lead me to think about this.

1. Football always revolves around the Hokies. No house divided here. (except when the Giants play the Redskins, but that is a different story)
2. While I feel huge and disgusting as I reach 39 weeks pregnant I am reminded that my husband remembers me as a college freshman. When I was a size 2 and weighed 110lbs.
3. Conversations like this happen while driving to get me a Milkshake (pregnancy cravings)
    James: Have you ever gotten a Wopper from Burger King and then drove to get fries from Mcdonalds?      Its awesome.
    Me:  Yes, I did this with you in college.
    James: oh, yeah.
    Me: it was when we were both hungover after the Rescue squad banquet party
    James: Oh yeah. Wait, I wasn't hungover.
    Me: I was. We played quarters and I decided to use a screwdriver as my drink.
    James: That was stupid. Why did you do that?
    Me: I was a freshman and my upperclassman boyfriend did not advise me of my mistake beforehand.
    James: Oh, sorry.
4. It is completely normal for us to paint our basement Chicago Maroon.
5. He understands my huge desire to drive through Southwest Va on our way to visit home next time.


See, I am really lucky. But I am mostly lucky because I found my soul mate and would be even if it had took us longer to meet.
Jr. Year Hiking to the Cascades
   
Sophomore year at James Graduation
Sr. Year at Rescue squad banquet

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My husband and I didn't meet until later in life. It would be great to have experienced all those things with him though.

    ReplyDelete