Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tornados and Football




So we have had a few storms the last 2 days. Yesterday I heard my first tornado siren. VA did not get many tornados so we did not have sirens. I was hanging out talking to my mother in law on the phone when I heard this siren noise. I did not think much of it at first because we have ambulances passing our house often. When the siren did not go away I decided to investigate. I hung up with my mother in law and checked my phone. Sure enough tornado watch and warning in effect and a touch down. So I decided it was best to go to the basement. The dog did not agree. He thought it was amazingly fun to run away and evade the 38 week pregnant girl. Eventually I caught him and we worked our way downstairs to the laundry room. All was well but I thought it was pretty cool that we have sirens. I had no idea we had those. But they are not very loud so if I had the TV on I probably would not have heard it.


Football starts this weekend! I am so excited. Tech plays on Monday vs. Georgia Tech and the game is on ESPN so we get it out here. So far only about 5 games are scheduled on channels we will get for the season. This could change depending on rankings but I am going to soak up as much Tech football as I can. We started watching a few games that were on today but it is not as fun when you have no care for the outcome or about either of the teams. I am really excited that E has her football game outfit ready already. I posted a pic on facebook a few days ago but I thought I would post about where I got the items. This is the same outfit she is going to come home from the hospital in. We want to keep it and have all our children come home in this outfit. Kind of silly but I think its cute.

VT coming home outfit. She will be ready for some football!
I found the most of it on Etsy. The bodysuit also came with an embroidered hat. I got it from Addie Kakes Kreations she sells tons of cute embroidered items, mostly baby stuff. She also has lots school logos so you can get whatever you want. She works with whatever you want so you can pick long sleeve or short sleeve body suit in several colors and the hat can have anything too. The one I ordered says Future Hokie but is in Maroon.  She was really fast and I can defiantly see ordering from her again in the future. 

Etsy order pic from Addie Kakes Kreations
The hat is probably the cutest thing ever. In the picture above you see an orange hat with a maroon flower clipped on. The order I made at etsy for this came with 2 hats one orange and one maroon, 2 flowers one orange and one maroon (both on clips so they can be moved around), and 3 headbands one orange, one maroon and one white. I ordered them from Stylin N Profilin. This order took a little longer to come but it was a mix up at the post office and the seller was very helpful. This seller makes lots of bows but also makes some really cool wipes cases and just added travel changing pads. She has a Facebook page you can order from too with all of her fabric options and she posts clearance items as well. She has VT fabric and I would love to order a cute wipes case. Maybe something for Christmas. 

Etsy order pic from Stylin N Profliin

I was going to make a tutu that was orange and maroon but did not get around to it. I also don't think she needs it for the coming home so I think I will wait until next football season to make it. I finished off the outfit with a pair of jeans. I got them for $2 at Once Upon a Child. I love that place. All in all I am really excited about the cuteness. Now if she will only get here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment