Monday, September 10, 2012

Updates and Baby countdown

So I have not been able to update as often as I wanted to which you will soon learn why. Here is what has been happening the last few days.

HOME IMPROVEMENT

My lovely husband decided he needed to take on huge projects less than 2 weeks before my due date. He has had tons of fun. It has just been stress and more work for me.

On Labor day there was a huge sale on paint so James decided to paint the basement. He has never painted anything before let alone by himself. So he went and bought all of the supplies and paint. A lovely shade of maroon. He was able to get the whole first coat done that day. But during this process we have to keep the dog out of the basement. Can you imagine- I can just see it now, maroon dog prints all over the house and dog hair in the the wet paint on the walls. That means 39 week pregnant me gets to carry laundry up and down stairs and try to make it over baby gates. Day one of this project ended with out major problems so I became optimistic.

Throughout the week James would paint the second coat on part of the room after he got home from work. This sounds great except he tends to forget to clean brushes and rollers and leaves them in paint trays with lots of paint. So after buying several rounds of paint and rollers the second coat was finished by Saturday. Still not too bad, right?

(side note) Right after we moved in James wanted to price out putting new carpet in the basement. We eventually decided we did not need to right now.

Somehow, even with drop cloths and plastic large globs of maroon paint ended up on the carpet. Meaning we need new carpet according to James (I am slightly convinced this happened on purpose). Still not too bad, its a basement we don't need to replace right away.

(side note) this project is why I had very limited internet for the last week.

On Saturday I realize my husband has disappeared. So I make it down stairs to find that he has removed all of the windows. Yes. I have 3 holes in my basement wall and it looked like it was going to rain. James had decided he needed to clean the windows, scrape the window casings, caulk and put in new weather stripping. Well that is all well and good but has he ever done this before? No. And did I mention the rain?

Turns out the rain held off, the windows got put back and everything is fine.

(side note) every time he started painting I reminded him to change into old painting clothes.

Sunday after church James decides he needs to do some touch up and paint around the windows and everything will be done. (Thank goodness). I decided after a full week he did not need to be reminded to change his clothes (he is 27). Wrong. Now I need to figure out how to get maroon paint out of his church clothes. Which I don't think will happen.

According to my dad this is what new fathers do. They nest by doing home improvements. I just wonder why it has to happen so close to my due date.

RE-CERTIFICATION

So, I hold several certifications in the fitness industry. They all are from different organizations which mean they have different lengths of certification and different ways to re-cert. Oh and they all cost lots of money. So my spinning instructor certification expires October 2nd. Yeah, I know I procrastinated. But to be fair I challenged some credits earlier in the summer and it took them 8 weeks to get back to me. Also they gave me less credits than I think they should have. So, I downloaded an online course last night which I am trying to finish before this baby is born. (by the way if you didn't notice I am procrastinating doing that by blogging)

REDSKINS FOOTBALL

So I was not surprised that we did not get the Redskins game on local TV networks. (We will next week because we play the Rams). But I am highly annoyed with ESPN. On Sunday they played 7 hours of coverage from the 2011 Crossfit Challenge Games and no football. Really! on opening weekend. Then I recorded/watched Sports center so I could see the highlights. If you have never watched sports center they have a list of what is coming up on the right side of the screen. All of the other games had both team names listed. But they had "Saints lose opening game" was what the segment about the skins saints game. Come on cant the Skins get credit for winning a game, it does not happen often give the fans a little love.


BABY COUNTDOWN

So my due date is September 14th. Which means I am due 4 days from now. Yes, life sucks at the end of pregnancy and you just want it to be over. But the good part about having her in my tummy still is that I already know how to be a perfect mommy to an unborn child.

Also at this point, I can not call any friends or family because they immediately think I am calling because I am in labor. None of them want to talk to me, just want to know about when the baby is coming. (This might be a slight exaggeration but it sometimes feels like that)

You get no new pics of anything because my camera is packed for the hospital and I dont want to upload and deal with plugging in my iphone. So here are some pics from earlier in the summer that are from facebook.

James and Slider watching the Hokie Game vs. GT

Slider loves playing in boxes, until he eats them

Smelling flowers in the backyard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment